Sunday, July 5, 2009

The amazing saga of Melvin the Mole is brought to an end

You will all be happy to know that Melvin has been rescued and is now blissfully roaming the woods next to the park a few blocks down from my house. You will all be disappointed to know that Melvin didn't turn out to be the fine upstanding citizen you would expect from something so cute and fuzzy-looking. He swore like a sailor when I grabbed him. I had no idea that moles could make so much noise!! It was a shrill, rather chirpy sound. Very choice language in molespeak, I'm sure. Then he tried to bite me. Thankfully I was wearing gloves, so you can all rest assured that I won't be dying from mole-flu, or turning into a mutant mole-woman. That would be rather cool, actually. Like spider-man, except that I could terrorize entire neighborhoods by tearing up their yards in three seconds flat. Bwa-ha-haa...

3 comments:

Daughter of Eve said...

Farewell to Melvin! He should have stayed a little longer and learned some nice language and manners... :P

Hmm, we used to play "Dandelion Wars", but we haven't this year. :P *sigh* We should have you over sometime just for the fun of it. :D We could get Mom and Dad to go away for the weekend and I could persuade them that I could use and OLDER helper... :P ;)

~Queen Lucy~

ShortStuff said...

Either that or y'all could come over here sometime and we could swarm the park with the rest of the River Hills folk that live in my neighborhood and play some awesome rounds of The Fastest Tagger in the West. That would be fun. :)

Daughter of Eve said...

Oh yeah, that would be really fun! :)